Reflecting on our trip to Manchester on Thursday, here are a few of the things we discovered from a good day with the Neighbourhood Challenge team:
- Our neighbours in Darwen are doing some really exciting things – as are all the projects – but, being as they’re closest, we must go and see them.
- It sounds like David Wilcox knows what he’s talking about.
- We’re buzzing with new ideas about how to engage people – who knew that yarn bombing was a thing?
- There’s a social enterprise based in Sheffied that uses pies to improve communities.
- Challenge prizes aren’t as straightforward as they first appeared to us – but it was great to have the experiences of other projects to point us in the right direction.
- Talk About Local are pretty cool – we particularly enjoyed talking to them about using games to engage people.
I’m sure there’s more, once we get chance to sit and talk about it with the rest of the team over the next week or so.